Saturday, June 12, 2010

Family:: Teacher Appreciation Gift Ideas


Apparently schools in the states have Teacher Appreciation Week. A full week of teacher love in the form of, one assumes, gifts and small tokens of thanks. And it's not just the primary teacher, either. It extends to those secondary and tertiary teachers of music, phys ed, French, the librarian, the secretary and principal...and on and on. At the risk of sounding churlish, that is a whole lot of appreciation to muster. So count your blessings if you're in Toronto or thereabouts and only have to come up with one decent idea next week. Here are some that caught my eye:

Those girls at eighteen25 have ratcheted up the crafty ante with this brilliant teacher's desk set. The little Hershey chocolates amid the colour-coordinated push pins totally sealed the deal. Visit their blog for a beautifully photographed and detailed tutorial.


I know, I know, I know. Bottled water is practically a banned substance in this town. But I like the idea behind this, and it could be used with something other than a disposable bottle of H2O. Tazo tea + a travel mug? Get your free label download at Domesticated Lady:



This sweetly funny S'Mores label is another freebie label courtesy of Domesticated Lady. I'd do these as   birthday party treat bags too (My party was S'More fun because you were here!)


The runaway puns continue with this takeaway container filled with fortune cookies, spotted at it's all small stuff;




How about a lovely basket of the nicest apples you can find, courtesy of Skip To My Lou: