Monday, June 6, 2011

crafts for a sunny day

Though the reason why now escapes me, I bought a set of fabric paint markers last year. They've sat in the cupboard for months, biding their time - as craft supplies tend to do in my house - but were finally called into action yesterday. Stella had a pair of white canvas sneakers, worn briefly the night before, and I gave Henry a long sleeve school uniform t-shirt that had a stain on the tummy. We cut the sleeves off (which were decorated separately and worn, jauntily, as arm warmers) so he could have a summer t-shirt of his own making.

I plopped a magazine inside the body of the t-shirt so the paint wouldn't bleed through to the back, and that was the end of my instructions. They were engrossed in their work for two full hours (while I weeded and read the paper).