Wednesday, January 5, 2011

so so simple




After comparing party notes with a couple of other parents of January babies today, I thought I'd share pictures of a quick, easy and cheap (and what could be better than that?) decorating idea from my daughter's party a few weeks ago. Paper lanterns are a favourite of mine; they never fail to perk up a party - indoors or out - and if you're careful folding them they can be reused any number of times. So here we have one of several groupings we hung around the house. I tied satin ribbon in different colours and and lengths to the bottom of the lanterns to give them more oomph, but they would also look pretty fab interspersed with those big Martha Stewart tissue pom-poms - tutorial here. I've never used the floral wire Martha suggests when I've made them. They've turned out fine with embroidery floss, thread and fine gauge beading wire.

Happy Wednesday