Friday, June 14, 2013

post-hiatus

Hello. It's been a while, hasn't it? But I have a good reason:



Meet Charlie. A few weeks before starting a major house reno last spring, I received the staggering news that I was indeed pregnant and not simply exhausted by tile selection and nauseous with hardwood floor options. I say staggering news because I am 44 years old and it's safe to say that I never saw that coming. Despite having wanted a third baby very, very much, I had given up the cause after several sad and frustrating years when it seemed that I couldn't. But here we are, a party of five. Squished into our freshly renovated bungalow. Happy as clams.

So, yes it's been a long while since I turned my attention to the blog. And when I say attention I mean free time. Because let's face it: a blog is a spectacular waste of time. Time that could be spent being productive in some tangible fashion. But here I am anyway on this fine Friday. A sleeping baby. A quiet house. A cup of tea. My blog. Hello. I intend to be here more frequently. (But wouldn't it be kind of awesome if I only blogged once a year for the rest of my life?) Expect gratuitous baby photos.

Have a wonderful weekend.