Monday, January 2, 2012

January's Fresh Start

We spent the first day of January ceremonially un-decorating the tree and packing away the baubles and tinsel for another year. While it does feel odd to see tulip pots at Loblaws when last week I was buying cedar branches and stems of bittersweet, I too like a fresh start.

My first post of the new year is a bit of trip down memory lane, all the way back to 2007 in fact, which is when artist Sarah Jane began illustrating and printing her delightful calendar series. I have spent so much attention the last two years on personalized art work that I'd almost forgotten how exceptionally lovely these prints are. I rediscovered them today during a pre-inventory exercise, which lead me to overhaul all of the product images to properly give these prints their due.

Such a fine way to honour a child's birthday.

Happy Fresh New Year.