The lovely and amazing Aden + Anais Swaddle Blankets are back in the shop. Joining the three best-selling prints, Princess Posie, Jungle Jam, and Prince Charming, is my new favourite, Mela. Included in the 3-pack is a gorgeous wispy peacock feather print that is so sophisticated and yet unexpectedly apropos for a baby. Love!
It always feels like spring to me when the baby shower gift orders start flowing. When a customer asks for a gift recommendation I turn to Aden + Anais. Why? Because without advertising and without editorial coverage these blankets became a favourite of parents pretty much just through word of mouth. These blankets are that useful and that nice. In fact, I found that parents who receive Aden + Anais blankets often come back to buy a pack to give to someone else. Now that's a happy customer.
If you're still wondering what makes them so useful, it really comes down to
1. Each wrap is 47" by 47", so they're even bigger than the flannel blankets hospitals use to swaddle babies. The large size is key to getting a snug swaddle that won't unravel when baby moves.
2. They are big enough to use to cover a stroller on a breezy or sunny day and big enough to use as a light and simple nursing cover.
3. Muslin is light and airy. Parents like it and babies like it. It gets softer with washing and is really durable.
4. Packs of four are unexpectedly useful: Keep one as a swaddle wrap, one in the diaper bag, one in the laundry and one as a nursing cover or burp cloth.
5. Even when you're swaddling days are over you will still use your Aden + Anais blanket.
Whew. That was an unexpectedly lengthy and effusive introduction. Back to swaddling. Here's how you take care of business: